PHOTO BOOTH SHOW – EXHIBITOR STAND TERMS & CONDITIONS
Date of this version 15/03/2018
The following terms and conditions apply to the hire of exhibition space at The PHOTO BOOTH SHOW
1) THE PHOTO BOOTH SHOW (the “Event”) is an annual conference and expo for photo booth industry. The Event is organised a co-operative led by Jon Sharp of Sharp Images (the “Organisers”).
The organiser agrees to host & promote the event.
2) The Event takes place at Welford Road Stadium, Weedon Road, Aylestone Road, Leicester (the “Venue”).
3) Companies or individuals hiring exhibition space at the Event (an “Exhibitor”) undertakes that they (together with any employees, partners, or others associated with them) will: a) comply with any terms and conditions specified by the management of the Venue to the extent that they are communicated to the Exhibitor either prior to or during the Event; and b) comply with any reasonable instructions given by the management of the Venue to the Exhibitor or any employee, partner or associate of the Exhibitor either prior to or during the Event as though any such terms and conditions or instructions were incorporated into these terms and conditions.
4) These terms and conditions shall be subject to the laws of England and Wales.
5) All matters and questions not covered by these terms are subject to the decision of the Organisers. Exhibitors agree to abide by and conform to all additional rules and regulations from time to time adopted or prescribed by the Organisers for the management of the Event.
6) The Organisers aim to provide a safe environment to all Attendees as well as Exhibitors, volunteers, or Venue staff.
7) In order to ensure that this environment is maintained all Exhibitors are required to behave in a manner which is respectful to others.
BOOKING EXHIBITION SPACE
8) The following procedures should be followed when booking exhibition space:
a) Exhibitors should contact The Photo Booth Show via the contact form on the website, or email@example.com indicating they wish to exhibit including any further information on the type of product/products.
b) The Organisers will acknowledge receipt of the e-mail / letter and either confirm that those requirements can be met or contact the intending Exhibitor to discuss alternative allocations and issue a quote. c) The Exhibitor should formally apply for exhibition space by completing the Booking Form and pay any deposit. A paper copy booking form can by supplied, which can then be signed and then either scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post to 3 Main Street, Greysouthen, Cumbria, CA13 0UG. d) The Organisers will acknowledge receipt of the Booking Form and issue an invoice for the total cost of stand, confirming stand allocation including any deposit paid to secure it.
9) Any special requirements (e.g. access to power points, internet access and furniture orders) should be placed by the Exhibitor on the Booking Form.
10) The Organisers will allocate space within the Venue taking account of the requirements and preferences indicated on completed Booking Forms and or emails and will inform potential Exhibitors in writing of the extent to which any such preferences or requirements can be accommodated. However, whilst efforts to accommodate Exhibitor requirements will be considered, in deciding on allocations the Organisers decision shall be final and binding on all Exhibitors who shall not be entitled to know the reasoning behind those allocations; and c) the Organisers reserve the right to alter allocations (and if appropriate refund appropriate amounts of the stand fee to take account of any such alterations) without prior notice.
FEES, PAYMENT METHODS AND CANCELLATION POLICY
11) All stand fees as set out in the quotation and include any additional features requested via the Booking Form e.g. internet access, which must be paid in full 30 Days prior to the event date. Unless the quotation is issued after this date in which case they are payable in full at time of booking.
12) Payment may be made using any of the methods specified on the quotation or subsequent invoice.
13) If an Exhibitor fails to pay the amount owed by due date the Organisers reserves the right to: a) apply a late payment penalty of 5% of the amount outstanding; or b) cancel any booking, reallocate exhibition space and forfeit any deposit.
14) All cancellations must be made in writing and sent by e-mail to email@example.com. The extent to which any fees already paid are refundable shall be determined dependent on how far in advance of the Event the notice of cancellation is received by the Organisers, as set out below: a) If notice of cancellation is received by the Organisers at least 90 days in advance a full refund, less the 25% administration fee shall be refunded b) If notice of cancellation is received by the Organisers at least 60 and 89 days prior to the start of the Event 45% of fees paid will be refunded c) If notice of cancellation is received by the Organisers between 30 and 59 days prior to the start of the Event, 70% of all other fees paid will be forfeit and the remaining 30% will be refunded. d) If notice of cancellation is received by the Organisers less than 30 days prior to the start of the Event for which the booking was made all monies (both deposit and other fees) already paid will be forfeit.
SET-UP AND ATTENDANCE
15) Access to the Venue for set-up will be available the day before the show from noon and 5.00pm, (subject to agreement with the venue), and on the day of the show immediately prior to the Event and between 8.30am and 11.00 am. The Exhibitor must ensure that his stand is fully set up by 11.30 am on the Day of the Event.
16) An Exhibitor must ensure that his stand is manned at all times the Show is open to visitors:
17) If an Exhibitor fails to set up and man a stand by 9.30am on the Show day, the Organisers reserve the right to use the exhibition space hired by the Exhibitor for the Organisers own purposes including without limitation renting out the exhibition space to another Exhibitor without allowance or refund to the defaulting Exhibitor.
18) At the conclusion of the Event Exhibitors must vacate the Venue and ensure that ALL of their belongings have been removed from the Venue by 6 pm on the day of the event.
MERCHANDISE AND DISPLAY MATERIAL
19) Exhibitors are responsible for the safety and appropriateness of all merchandise and promotional and other material displayed and activity taking place within their stand.
a) If the Organisers in their absolute discretion consider that any material displayed or activities undertaken: i) pose risks to the health and safety of Exhibitors and others attending the Event; and/or ii) contravene the terms and conditions of the Venue as appropriate; and/or iii) may cause damage to the structure or any part of the fabric of the Venue; and/or iv) are likely to cause offense or distress to other Exhibitors, Show volunteers or members of the public attending the Event and/or v) are unsuitable for the Event, The Organisers will request the Exhibitor to cease any such activities and remove any offending items from the Venue
b) If an Exhibitor fails to cease any such activities or remove any such offending items when requested to do so the Organisers may take such actions as they deem necessary and appropriate including any one or more of the following actions: i) ejecting the Exhibitor or any partner, employee or other associate of the Exhibitor from the Event, ii) revoking the Exhibitor’s hire of the stand in which case the Organisers reserve the right to use the exhibition space for its own purposes including without limitation permitting the Exhibitor’s stand to be used by another Exhibitor without allowance or refund to the defaulting Exhibitor. c) the Organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to any Exhibitor or any partner, employee or associate of an Exhibitor if they in their absolute discretion decide the trader is attempting to display materials of dangerous or objectionable nature. d) Any Exhibitor who is uncertain as to the appropriateness or acceptability of any materials or activities should discuss his or her concerns with the Organisers in advance of the Event
FURNITURE AND EQUIPMENT
20) Tables & Chairs, as requested at time of booking, will be provided to an Exhibitor as part of the stand fee. Other equipment or furniture requirements are the responsibility of the Exhibitor.
21) Where additional equipment or furniture has been requested via the booking form, the Organisers will procure that such equipment or furniture is obtained and made available at the Exhibitor’s stand in time for set-up.
22) All other equipment and furniture used by the Exhibitor, regardless of whether that equipment or furniture is brought by the Exhibitor to the Event or is obtained by contract between the Exhibitor and any contractor or supplier recommended by the Organisers, are the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor.
23) Exhibitors are responsible for arranging and paying for all fees and meeting all expenses in connection with the transport of display and sales materials to the Venue, moving the materials into and out of the Exhibitor’s allocated exhibition space, and assembling and disassembling displays.
24) Exhibitors may not sub-let or assign any of their allocated exhibition space without the prior written consent of the Organisers, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld.
25) By submitting a Booking Form and applying to hire a stand at the Event an Exhibitor agrees to the use of the Exhibitor’s name on the Organisers’ website and in any promotional materials prepared or distributed by the Organisers in connection with the Event PROVIDED THAT such agreement extends only to including the Exhibitor’s details in a list of intending attendees. The Exhibitor accepts that any such materials may continue to be used incorporating the Exhibitor’s details even if the Exhibitor subsequently cancels a booking or fails to attend the Event for any reason.
26) Use of any product by any Exhibitor, their employee agent or associate containing the PHOTO BOOTH SHOW name or logo is prohibited without the express written permission of the Organisers. Exhibitors agree that if any materials making such unauthorized use appear at the Event, the Organisers shall have the right to take possession of and destroy all such materials, as well as to pursue other available legal remedies.
27) The Organisers will exercise editorial control over any advertising material supplied by an Exhibitor for inclusion on the Organisers’ website or in any Event printed media or programme.
28) Exhibitors may post and distribute their own promotional materials only from within their assigned exhibition space with the exception of Sponsors. Any Exhibitor who attempts to distribute material external to their stand will be liable to an additional fee appropriate to the level of their activity.
29) Exhibitors, their employees, agents or associates may not affix promotional materials in any part of the Venue save that expressly set aside for the purpose and indicated to Exhibitors by the Organisers.
30) The Organisers may choose to offer promotional media outlined on the Organisers website and e-mailed to Exhibitors from time to time. By expressing a willingness, whether by e-mail or otherwise in writing, to take part in any such promotion an Exhibitor irrevocably undertakes to participate in that programme.
SAFETY, SECURITY AND LIABILITY
31) Exhibitors must not block aisles or fire doors, and must comply with any directions from the Organisers or the management of the Venue as to access and storage.
32) The Organisers in conjunction with the management of the Venue will seek to control access to the Event and reserve the right to refuse admittance to anyone, whether or not an Exhibitor or person connected with an Exhibitor, if the Organisers reasonably consider it necessary for the safety and comfort of other Exhibitors or members of the public attending the Event.
33) The Organisers will take out a suitable public liability insurance policy in relation to the Event. However this will not extend to insuring Exhibitors’ goods and display materials against theft or damage. Exhibitors are required to take out their own insurance to cover such risks and Employee Liability.
34) Exhibitors are fully responsible for any loss, damage, or injury to the management and staff of the Venue resulting from Exhibitors’ displays or actions and are strongly advised to take out their own insurance to cover such risks.
35) The Organisers reserve the right to charge an Exhibitor for any loss or damage to any part of the structure or fabric of the Venue caused by any actions of the Exhibitor or the employee partner or other associate of an Exhibitor. REFUSE and WASTE
36) Exhibitors are responsible for removing all their waste.
37) The Organisers reserve the right to charge an Exhibitor in the event that waste is left within an Exhibitor’s stand for the cost of removing and disposing of such waste.
FORCE MAJEURE AND OTHER CANCELLATION OF THE EVENT
38) The Organisers reserve the right to cancel the Event at any time if they deem this necessary, including if the Event is interrupted and/or discontinued, or access to the Venue is prevented or interfered with by reason of any industrial dispute, act of war, civil disturbance, terrorist action, act of God, or instruction from the police, the local authority or any other governmental agency, or if the Venue is damaged whether maliciously or by accident or the management of the Venue are unable to provide the expected facilities. In the event of such cancellation, the liability of the Organisers shall be limited to refunding any fees paid by an Exhibitor in advance of the Event subject to a pro rata reduction for that portion of the anticipated time for which the Event was scheduled to run which in fact fell before any such cancellation.